LIST OF LISTS!
By: Thomas R. Reich
In the jungle of 2012, Small Business Local Resources are hard to come by. Today let’s look at several lists of FREE Small Business Local Resources. Let me be clear, these are national small business local resources available to local small businesses anywhere in the US.
Let’s start with the companies that are the ten best local search marketing companies based on a meticulous evaluation of their history of quality services, customer satisfaction, and a dedication to providing SEO services which reach local markets and provide small business local resources:
1) Performics Inc.
2) SoVi Digital
5) Marketable Media
6) Crexendo, Inc.
8) Get Found Local
9) Reach Local
10) eLocal Listing
Top 5 Small Business Local Resources to help build your building:
1) Google. Google offers a few cool options for locally based small businesses;
a) Google Places (Formerly known as Google Local Business Center) Listing your information in Google Places allows online searchers to find your local business listing within the search engine results making it a Small Business Local Resource to be investigated!
b) Google Maps. Google Maps works with Google Places to get your customers to your front door.
c) Google Latitude. Google’s latest foray into local deals and couponing.
2) Yahoo Local. On the heels of Google, there is Yahoo Local. This services is a business directory organized by category and geographic location.
3) YellowPages.com. Much like the Yellow Pages of old, this Small Business Local Resource draws a crowd of users seeking basic information on local retailers and service providers. The most basic sign up is free, but you must sign up to be listed.
4) Ask City. This Small Business Local Resource is provided by Ask.com and culls user reviews and editorials from several popular search and business review sites including CitySearch, Yelp.com, and Insiderpages. The 5 star Ask City ratings system is taken from the Best of Citysearch listings, which are in turn based on user reviews. You can see more information about these ratings at CitySearch.com.
5) Windows Live Local. Microsoft’s entry in the online local search arena combines Bing Maps and Google Maps with bird’s –eye imagery, traffic conditions, and driving directions, with the Yellow Pages and other local search tools. You can also view and get directions to local businesses making it one of the best new Small Business Local Resources.
Enough lists for now, but we will add more in coming weeks. Check out these Small Business Local Resources, you will find, when building a small business, Free is always good!